Daddies, Twinks, and the Holy Ghosted!

A great date just to get ghosted!


Of all the dates I've had in the past month three really stand out to me. I call them the Daddy, the Twink, and the Holy Ghost. In my opinion, I would say that each of these dates actually went well. However, in the aftermath of these dates, you wouldn't think so. 


Let's start with the Daddy. Now I'm a weird age at which both older men and younger men seem attractive to me. Maybe this isn't something specific to my age demographic but I have found that recently it's become very prominent in my dating circles. 

So the first guy, let's call him Bruce, was in his late 30's. He was quite muscular and bearded; which I am definitely into. Bruce asked if I wanted to grab a drink with him. So we went to a local craft brewery and the drinks started to flow. I learned quite a bit about Bruce and we were getting along okay but there didn't really seem to be a strong connection between the two of us. I still enjoyed myself and at the end of the night Bruce leaned in as he walked me to my car. Now although I wasn't super into Bruce, I wasn't going to deny this attractive man a good night kiss. Well, that kiss led to some more and we ended up taking a walk so we could continue. Bruce was an excellent kisser if only I was as into him as I was his kissing skills. I'm still a gentleman so our walk eventually led back to my car and I called it a night.

About a week later I got asked on another date by someone who was quite a bit younger than me. Joey has recently turned 20 and wondered if I wanted to watch a movie at his place. Now I'm not stupid I realize this is usually code for Netflix and Chill.  I continued to talk to Joey a bit and told him I'm not into random hookups. Joey said that was fine and then asked if I would rather go for a coffee. I agreed to coffee and we met at a tiny coffee shop downtown. Once again Joey was nice but it was clear that he was immature and a bit odd. Joey was really into the supernatural world, tarot cards, and makes his own Ouija boards. Now if I met the right guy I probably would be able to ignore these little quirks. Joey and I enjoyed our coffee and went our separate ways. 

Lastly the Holy Ghost. Of all three dates, I went on this one was by far the best. It started with Matt and I messaging on Grindr. We had been talking for a while when finally he asked if I would like to hike to a waterfall one Saturday afternoon. I agreed and we met at the mall as I already had to go there to run some errands. Matt was nice he was close to my age and for once more attractive than his photos. He was muscular with dark hair and some premature gray hair. We talked at the mall while we ordered some coffee and then decided to hit the road for the falls. Now Matt was a man with a plan, he had already chosen a specific set of falls he wanted to go to and they were about a half hour drive away. We talked in the car about our lives, unlike the other two dates Matt was quite charming. He was funny, smart, and had this sexy sly grin he kept shooting me from the driver's seat. 

When we arrived at the falls we both grabbed our backpacks and headed into the woods. It was about a ten-minute hike to the falls and they were amazing, unfortunately, there was another small group of people at the falls swimming. Matt asked if I wanted to hike down the river and see what else we could find, I agreed. We found a more secluded area further down with quite a deep pool and decided to go swimming. After about 2 hours of talking and swimming we decided we better head back to the city as we were both getting hungry. On the drive back Matt mentioned that he was more looking for friends than a relationship. This confused me as his actions at the waterfalls told a different story. Between the sly glances and his touchy nature in the water, I got the feeling he definitely wanted something other than friends. 

When we got back to my car Matt asked what I had planned for the rest of my evening as it was still quite early. I said I was going to grab something to eat and head home, to this Matt responded: "Do you want to get something to eat together?" Wow! This was going really well. Matt and I headed to one of my favourite Restaurants and kept the date going. Matt hadn't been there before and just ordered the exact same thing as me, I found this odd but took it as a sign that he trusted my judgement. We continued to talk and laugh over dinner and decided to go back to his place to watch a movie. 


Back at Matt's place we put on a movie and cuddled up on the couch. I put my arms around him and he cuddled in rubbing my chest through my t-shirt as we watched the movie. When it ended Matt walked me outside to my car and he steered the conversation back towards him "just wanting friends". I took this as a hint and didn't try to kiss him or anything. 

Over the next week Matt kept in touch with what I was doing as I was away on vacation. He told me he had a lot of fun and hoped to hang out again. It was torture not being able to hang out again right away. We talked a lot and it seemed liked we would have a second date soon. 

When I got home from my vacation I messaged Matt the next day to see when he was free for our next date. Matt has always been slow with responses but after a day I began to question it. I logged back on to good old Grindr to see his account had disappeared. Ghosted! Now why do this? it seems like we had a good date, and he talked about wanting to have another. I'm confused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Time -- Part Two

My First Time -- Part One