Lumbersexual or Metrosexual?

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it but I live in a relatively small city (pop. 58, 220). With that 'small town' appeal comes a small community of gays which I call my dating pool. It's the kind of place where every gay knows everyone else and the six degrees of separation turns into two. Earlier this summer I experienced just how small my dating pool was.

I'm usually the type of guy that when I really start to like someone I limit myself to only dating them. Earlier in the summer I was enjoying the life of a casual dater and I had narrowed my prospects down to two guys. These two guys were pretty much opposites, the only thing they had in common was they were both tall. One guy was Outdoorsy, he worked as a roofer was muscular bearded your dream Canadian Lumbersexual. The other guy was materialistic, stylish, metrosexual, worked in retail and always looked perfectly put together but also casual.


I had been on a two dates with both of these guys and wasn't sure I really liked either of them in that way, sure there was a physical attraction but not that butterflies in your stomach stuff. Anyway, one Saturday I got a text quite early in the day from Lumbersexual asking if I wanted to go for a hike and maybe swimming at a lake. I agreed, and off we went. Until now Lumbersexual had been pretty quite about his personal life. But on our hike he started to open up, he said he really needed this and he's been having a hard time at home lately. All I could think was "Oh no! Is he about to tell me he's married!". He wasn't married (phew) but he told me he was previously engaged to someone else, and they still lived together while trying to sell the house they had bought. Also his mother was going through a tough time and he had been helping her out. I sympathised with him and tried to cheer him up while we enjoyed our hike. 

When we got to the water I turned around and changed into my swimsuit to get in, when I turned around he was standing there naked and at attention. To my pleasant surprise he had quite a tool for his use. Let's just say one thing led to another and one of us got bent over a log...twice! After we hiked back we went our separate ways and I began to drive home for the night.

That's when I got a text from Metrosexual, he wanted to know if I wanted to grab a drink and go out to dinner. Now I know it's kind of slutty but I had nothing at home to eat so I agreed. I met Metrosexual at a bar and the drinks and food began to flow. Now Metrosexual had told me a bit about his life, he told me he was just out of a bad relationship and not ready to date. I was fine with this as I was just looking for a cure for my boredom. 

That night as he drank more I saw a different side of Metrosexual. With each drink he had he began to get more verbal about his past relationship, his cheating ex-boyfriend, and his exe's impressive tool. Now my ears definitely perked when he mentioned his exe's tool, and the description sounded eerily similar to something I had experienced earlier. So I began to probe him with questions. "Did you live with your exe?" I asked. "Still do," he growled, "we bought a house together". SHIT! 

As I continued to probe it became more and more clear that the two men I had been on dates with were infact exes, and currently living together. I felt awkward for the rest of the night shifting in my seat uneasily like he would recognize his exe's scent on my skin. Finally we parted ways and I went home for the night.

I no longer talk to the Lumbersexual, I think he got what he wanted. However, I am now friends with Metrosexual. The only thing is, he still doesn't know I slept with Lumbersexual! Should I tell him, or should I bury it in the woods where it happened never to speak of again?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Time -- Part Two

My First Time -- Part One

Daddies, Twinks, and the Holy Ghosted!